Want to know, see and hear what‘s going on in the arena of high tech, state-of-the-art, high iron horsepower in 1993? QUICK SHOTS-2 has it:
1. EMD’s SD70M — A monster of a locomotive with radial trucks, 4OOO HP, computer control and a burgundy body second to none. Are there slots for lots of SD70M's? Or will another EMD product overshadow this Goliath?
2. EMD’S SD60MAC — Another worthy road warrior from the Ex-King-of-Diesels. Betting that AC traction motors will pull more-better-faster. Burlington Northern has anted up for 350 MACs in a bigger buck move than the industry has ever seen. But did they pass their demonstration tests on CSX?
3. GE’s & Amtrak’s AMD-103 — Some call it the first true passenger locomotive in years, a cutting edge piece of technology. Others compare it to a shoe box and worse. The builder's plate says it’s a Dash 8-40BP? …at least a close cousin of GE‘s Dash 8-40CW, the top selling US locomotive Over the past three years as of this time.
4. ABB’S X2000 — This sleek Swedish train of tomorrow took the country and everything Amtrak by storm with its faster, smoother, tilting style of service. The US passenger train future is looking great.
5. Siemens ICE Train — The German InterCityExpress also swept through the Northeast Corridor and toured the country to great applause. Tested at 250 MPH, in German service at 175, and running 140 on the NE Corridor, passenger train competition is alive in the US!
That's five new locomotives or transits hitting the US in the summer of ’93 and they are all reviewed live, right here in QUICK SHOTS-2. The theory is: Pull more, faster, for less. Find out who did, who didn’t, and a few why not’s.
And there’s more, including these short features:
6. 611 on the Dry Fork 7. Mainline Motor Cars 8. Goodbye Monongahela 9. Virginia Railway Express 10. 611’s WS Jinx 11. 64 more Motor Cars 12. Naked Power RF&P Style 13. 4501 Cruises Virginia 14. Alternate Rail Power 15. The Last of the E’s
**This Disc Will NOT Play on Regular DVD Players, OR Up-converting DVD Players Blu-Ray Disc Players ONLY!** Note: This Blu-Ray BD-R Disc is compatible with the (Blu-Ray) format, and will play on Most Blu-Ray players in full 1080i HD (including the Sony Playstation 3 & 4).
This Disc has been tested on Numerous Blu-Ray players for compatibility with the Blu-Ray Format! You MUST have a (Blu-Ray) Player to play this video Disc!